If you are on a vacation or a trip, Roku Streaming Stick can be one of the most interesting devices to carry with you, because you get to watch the most amazing device to have on you simply for the time killers they are!
Have some time to kill in the hotel? Don’t have anything to do around the dorm? Simple! Find a TV, plug your Streaming Stick into the TVs HDMI port, connect the device to your Roku Hotel and Dorm Connect internet and go ahead streaming your channels.
Why should you use Roku Hotel and Dorm Connect?
Because your Roku account contains personal information and Roku is very protective of the information that their customers share with them. They abide by privacy policies! This internet connection transfers information to both ways. Roku device sends information about your account and the channels that you are streaming to the Roku servers, provided you are connected to a secure internet connection. However, you can not be sure how secure these internet connections in hotels and dorms are! So, Roku introduced a feature that’ll help you set these secure connections up. This Roku Hotel and Dorm connection feature lets you connect to the internet without sharing information about your account.
How to set up the Roku Hotel and Dorm Connect?
- You will have to set up the Roku Streaming Stick to the TV. So, go ahead and plug it in. Unlike the other device, this setup only takes a couple of seconds!
- After you plug it in, please make sure that you change the TVs input to HDMI port.
- You can do this in the TV menu by going to the input selection tools.
- Once all done, you will have the Roku screen displayed on your TV.
- Now you can connect your Roku device to the internet.
- On your Roku remote press the Home button.
- Search up or down and select Settings.
- Select the Network settings.
- Navigate to Set up connection.
- Usually, you’d have to choose wireless. Since RSS does not have an option to connect to the internet any other way, you will have the default as wireless internet.
- From the list of available networks, pick up the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
Please make sure to select the I am at a hostel or college dorm option, so that the internet is secure. After you do that, you can easily connect to the network. Now, you will have to log in to your Roku account.
Roku account creation
If you don’t have a Roku account, please make sure that you get to open one, immediately. You will have to furnish a few information about you, your contact information and your payment information before you open an account.
It is understandable that Roku Hotel and Dorm Connect can be a bit busy, and there will always be distractions. So, we recommend you use the Roku remote for private listening and voice command while watching movies or series so that the ambiance doesn’t ruin your entertainment experience. You can also use your Roku mobile application, if you don’t have the remote with you. The Roku mobile application can be downloaded from the Android play store or the iOS app store and can be used as an alternate for the Roku remote.
If there is anything you’d like help with, be it buying a Roku device, or setting one up, or connecting it to the internet, please let us know. We can also help you with getting channels from the Roku store if you’d like. Our toll-free number is +1-844-695-1520, and we’re open 24*7 for your queries. Visit Go.Roku.com/connectivity for more updates.